- Softener ball (Optional)
- 1 cups baking soda
- 1 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Essential oils (optional)
1. Take the shower curtain and liners off of the rod and remove the hooks.
2. Place them inside the washer
3. Sprinkle the baking soda into the drum of the washer. If you are using a softener ball, see step 4 a and skip step 4 b. If you are not using a softener ball, skip step 4 a.
4a. Fill the softener ball with the vinegar and essential oils and place it in the washer. Then start the normal wash cycle.
4b. Start the normal wash cycle. When the rinse cycle begins pour the vinegar and essential oils directly into the washer and resume the cycle.
5. When the washer is finished with the spin cycle, hang the shower curtain and liner back on to the rod and allow to air dry. Make sure the bottom of both are inside the bath tub while drying.
6. Once the curtain is dry you can put the bottom outside the tub again.
This should be done on a regular basis to prevent any mold or other allergen development. However, repeat as needed.